Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Incorporated in 1864, the Worumbo Mill in Lisbon Falls quickly gained a reputation for manufacturing fine woolen cloth.
In 1956 it became a division of J.P. Steven Co. Slated to close in 1964, the town arranged financing to keep it in operation as the Lisbon Weaving Co.
About This Item
- Title: Worumbo Mill, Lisbon Falls, ca. 1882
- Creation Date: circa 1882
- Subject Date: circa 1882
- Town: Lisbon Falls
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Card photographs
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Lisbon Falls
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Lisbon Weaving Co. (Me.)--Photographs
- Worumbo Mill (Me.)--Photographs
- J.P. Steven Co. (Me.)--Photographs
- Textile industry--Maine--Lisbon Falls
- Wool industry--Maine--Lisbon Falls
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.