Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Incorporated in 1864, the Worumbo Mill in Lisbon Falls quickly gained a reputation for manufacturing fine woolen cloth.
In 1956 it became a division of J.P. Steven Co. Slated to close in 1964, the town arranged financing to keep it in operation as the Lisbon Weaving Co.
About This Item
- Title: Worumbo Mill, Lisbon Falls, ca. 1882
- Creation Date: circa 1882
- Subject Date: circa 1882
- Town: Lisbon Falls
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Card photograph
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Lisbon Falls
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Photographs
- J.P. Steven Co. (Me.)--Photographs
- Lisbon Weaving Co. (Me.)--Photographs
- Textile industry--Maine--Lisbon Falls
- Wool industry--Maine--Lisbon Falls
- Worumbo Mill (Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.