Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was broadcast on Saturday nights in the Portland area from 1956 to 1971 and featured teenagers dancing and singing along to the popular music of the day. The high school students show here were known as "The Regulars" because they appeared on the show each week, often in starring roles.
The students here include Jean Kelly, Pat Robbie, Sharon Morris, Margie Hatch, and Connie Bruley.
About This Item
- Title: 'Dave Astor Show' Regulars, Portland, ca. 1960
- Creation Date: circa 1960
- Subject Date: circa 1960
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, DA50
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
- WGME (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.