Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles E. Wheeler was a private in the 7th Battery Maine Light Artillery during the Civil War.
He was 18 when he enlisted on December 30, 1863 as a private.
About This Item
- Title: Charles E. Wheeler, 1st Mounted Artillery, ca. 1863
- Creator: A. W. Sprague, Lewiston
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Location: Lewiston, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Carte de visite
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Military--Civil War
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865)--Cartes de visite.
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories--Cartes de visite.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.