Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Judy Baker, Willie Stewart and Jane Mullen perform on the Dave Astor Show in Portland around 1962.
Broadcast on Saturdays from 5 to 6 p.m., the show featured a regular group of teenagers and guests from around the state dancing and singing to the popular hits of the day.
About This Item
- Title: 'Dave Astor Show: For Teenagers Only,' Portland, ca. 1962
- Creation Date: circa 1962
- Subject Date: circa 1962
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 3/6_DA13
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- WGME (Television station : Portland, ME)
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
- Dave Astor Show
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- Television dance parties
- African Americans--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.