Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Judy Baker, Willie Stewart and Jane Mullen perform on the Dave Astor Show in Portland around 1962.
Broadcast on Saturdays from 5 to 6 p.m., the show featured a regular group of teenagers and guests from around the state dancing and singing to the popular hits of the day.
About This Item
- Title: 'Dave Astor Show: For Teenagers Only,' Portland, ca. 1962
- Creation Date: circa 1962
- Subject Date: circa 1962
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 3/6_DA13
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- WGME (Television station : Portland, ME)
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
- Dave Astor Show
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- Television dance parties
- African Americans--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.