Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is one of many floats that were part of the Maine Centennial Parade, July 5, 1920 in Portland.
This float #23 celebrates the nurses serving in the American Red Cross. It was entitled,"The Mobilized Humanity of the World" and t received second prize for artistic effect in the Historic Floats Parade.
This photograph, along with others featuring the July 5th floats, was on page six of the Tuesday, July 6, 1920 issue of the Portland Evening Express with the title, "Picturesque Photographs From Monday's Gorgeous Floats Parade."
About This Item
- Title: Maine Centennial Parade Float, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920-07-05
- Subject Date: 1920-07-05
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2874
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- American Red Cross
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Portland
- Floats (Parades)--Maine--Portland
- Parades and processions--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.