Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Willie Stewart, a student at Deering High School and a regular on the Dave Astor Show, is shown doing the twist on a piano in May 1962.
In addition to regular guests like Stewart, students from Kennebunk High School were also featured on this episode.
By 1962, the Astor show had been on the air for six years and was an established local favorite.
About This Item
- Title: Willie Stewart, 'Dave Astor Show,' Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962
- Subject Date: 1962
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 4/3 DA 37
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- African Americans--Maine
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock & roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
- WGME (Television station : Portland, ME)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.