Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This photograph, the original of which is at the National Archives, shows the 2nd Maine regiment (1861-1863) encamped on Christmas day, 1861. The encampment was at Hall's Hill across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C.
The 2nd Maine was part of Martindale's Brigade of the Fifth Corps.
About This Item
- Title: 2nd Maine regiment at Christmas, 1861
- Creation Date: 1861-12-25
- Subject Date: 1861-12-25
- Town: Yorktown
- State: VA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--War--Civil War
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military life
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Military life
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1863)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.