Contributed by Dyer Library/Saco Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
John Fairfield sits with the Saco Fire Department's steam pumper at Saco's City Hall, circa 1900. There was also a kindergarten school in the building.
Fairfield served as Maine's governor from 1839-1841 and again from 1842-1843. After that he went on to become a United States Senator.
About This Item
- Title: John Fairfield and steam pumper, Saco, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Saco, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.2 cm x 13.2 cm
- Local Code: 840
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Saco
- Legislators--United States.
- City & town halls--Maine--Saco
- Fire engines--Maine--Saco
- Fire departments--Maine--Saco
For more information about this item, contact:Dyer Library/Saco Museum
371 Main Street, Saco, ME 04072
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.