Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This map image of the July 1-3 Battle of Gettysburg during the Civil War is taken from the book, Pictorial history of the Civil War in the United States Vol. III by Benson J. Lossing, published by Thomas Belknap, Hartford, Conn.
About This Item
- Title: Battle at Gettysburg, 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: 1863-07-01
- Town: Gettysburg
- State: PA
- Media: Original is engraving on wood
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: 973.7 L899p
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle of, 1863--Maps.
- Maps--United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Battlefields--Gettysburg, 1863.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Battlefields--Gettysburg, 1863--Maps.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.