Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This map is a plan of nine hundred acres of land laid out near Stephen Staple's land of the Captain John Robinson lot in Topsham.
Robinson's lot was bordered by the Cathance River on the south, east and southwest and by the property of Stephen Stales on the northeast.
Scale [1:7920] 40 rods = inch. This is one of a collection of maps commissioned by the Pejepscot Proprietors.
About This Item
- Title: Plan of J. Robinson lot, Topsham, 1761
- Creator: Winslow, Nathan
- Creation Date: 1761
- Subject Date: 1761
- Town: Topsham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 39 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 31
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cathance River (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine--Maps, manuscript
- Land grants--Maine--Maps, manuscript
- Landowners--Topsham(Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, manuscript
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Real property--Topsham (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Topsham (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Cathance River
- Colonial Period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Early contact & settlement
- Land companies.
- Land grants.
- Land settlement.
- Maps, Early.
- Nature, geography & animals
- Pejepscot Company
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- Personal writing
- Real property.
- to 1800.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.