Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Kate A. Farnham, widow of Horace Farnham, poses as the Peter Paul Rubens Portrait of Marie de' Medici, painted about 1622.
She was part of a program at First Parish Church in Portland on Dec. 15, 1923 entitled "Exhibition of Pictures."
Church members dressed as 29 well known portraits and posed, accompanied by music and a discussion of the paintings.
About This Item
- Title: Kate A. Farnham as 'Portrait of Marie de' Medici,' Portland, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923-12-15
- Subject Date: 1923-12-15
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland-Churches--First Parish
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Exhibitions & displays
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--People
- Marie de Médicis, Queen, consort of Henry IV, King of France, 1573-1642--Portrayals
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)
- Rubens, Peter Paul, 1577-1640
- Marie de Médicis, Queen, consort of Henry IV, King of France, 1573-1642--Portraits
- Farnham, Kate A.--Performances
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Performances
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Social aspects
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.