Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A sketch by Charles Quincy Goodhue of the birthplace of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882). This house was located in Portland on the corner of Fore and Hancock Streets.
About This Item
- Title: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow birthplace, Portland, 1896
- Creator: Goodhue, Charles
- Creation Date: 1896
- Subject Date: 1807
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Pencil on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 29 cm
- Local Code: GA 150
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Homes and haunts.
- Longfellow, Henry W. (1807-1822)
- Longfellow, Henry W. (1807-1882)
- Maine Historical Society (Portland, Me.)
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.