Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A sketch by Charles Quincy Goodhue of the birthplace of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882). This house was located in Portland on the corner of Fore and Hancock Streets.
About This Item
- Title: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow birthplace, Portland, 1896
- Creator: Goodhue, Charles
- Creation Date: 1896
- Subject Date: 1807
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Pencil on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 29 cm
- Local Code: GA 150
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Homes and haunts.
- Longfellow, Henry W. (1807-1822)
- Longfellow, Henry W. (1807-1882)
- Maine Historical Society (Portland, Me.)
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.