Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
At low tide, the densely packed sand of Old Orchard Beach provided ample room for a range of leisurely seaside activities, such as swimming and strolling. In the 1920's, it was also used as a runway for airplanes and as a raceway for automobiles.
About This Item
- Title: Bathers and strollers, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.1722
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.