Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Longfellow was born Portland, Maine, educated at Bowdoin College, and finished his literary and teaching career at Harvard University in Massachusetts. His poetry includes the famous 'Evangeline', 'Hiawatha', and 'The Courtship of Miles Standish.'
About This Item
- Title: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ca. 1850
- Creator: Southworth and Hawes
- Creation Date: circa 1850
- Subject Date: circa 1850
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--People--Longfellow, Henry
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Authors, American--Maine--Photographs
- Longfellow--Henry Wadsworth (1807-1882)--Photographs
- Poets, American--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.