Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The map is a copy of a plan of the Pejepscot Claim.
The area shown shows the Androscoggin River, Kennebec River and Merrymeeting Bay north to Norridgewock.
It is one of the early surveys of this area, taken by the Pejepscot Purchase Company, also known as the Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick.
About This Item
- Title: Pejepscot Claim, 1764
- Creator: Enoch Freeman
- Creation Date: 1764-09-15
- Subject Date: 1764-09-15
- Location: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 61a, Map 320
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Maps, Manuscript -- Early works to 1800
- Brunswick(Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript -- Early works to 1800
- Harpswell Center (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript -- Early works to 1800
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript -- Early works to 1800
- Land companies -- Maine -- Maps
- Land grants -- Maine -- Maps
- Land settlement -- Maine -- Maps
- Lewiston (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript -- Early works to 1800
- Maine -- History -- Colonial period, ca 1600-1775 -- Maps, Manuscript -- Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Land Claim -- Maps
- Pejepscot Purchase Company -- Maps
- Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Topsham (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript -- Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.