Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a map taken from a 1940 town report with the school locations, grades and number of pupils in each grade superimposed on the map. At that time there were still many one room school houses in Scarborough.
Consolidation of the schools began later.
About This Item
- Title: Town Map with School Locations, Scarborough, ca. 1940
- Creator: Rodney Laughton
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Location: Scarborough, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photograph, ink on paper
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 19 cm
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Rural schools--Maine--Scarborough--Maps
- One-room schools--Maine--Scarborough--Maps
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.