Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Crowds of parade watchers line Main Street, Biddeford to watch the City Centennial parade on July 30, 1955. The head of the parade's second division passes York Street, Nichol's Block and the reviewing stand. The St. Louis High School Band is leading the 103rd infantry. It is estimated that 30,000 people viewed the parade, which took an hour and a half to pass the reviewing stand.
About This Item
- Title: City Centennial parade, Biddeford, 1955
- Creation Date: 1955-07-30
- Subject Date: 1955-07-30
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: 845
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Reviewing stands--Maine--Biddeford
- Parades & processions--Maine--Biddeford
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Biddeford
- Marching bands--Maine--Biddeford
- Biddeford (Me.)--Centennials celebrations, etc.
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.