Contributed by Biddeford Historical Society
A bottle from the York Bottling Company of Biddeford, ca. 1950. The glass is stamped: "York Bottling Works - YBW - Biddeford, Maine - Registered". The bottle holds eight ounces of liquid. York Bottling Works manufactured and bottled many kinds of non-alcoholic carbonated beverages, and was located on Elm Street in Biddeford. It was owned and operated by the Cohen family, first by Julius Cohen and then his sons Bernard and Sam Cohen took over the business.
About This Item
- Title: York Bottling Company bottle, Biddeford, ca. 1950
- Creator: York Bottling Works
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass
- Dimensions: 22 cm x 5 cm x 5 cm
- Local Code: BHS artifacts
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bottle industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Bottling industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Jewish Americans--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:Biddeford Historical Society
P.O. Box 200, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.