Contributed by Brenda Havens Foley through Lubec Landmarks
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Natalie Havens, long time worker at McCurdy's, skinning herring, one of the activities in the last step of this traditional food preservation process.
About This Item
- Title: Working in McCurdy's Skinning Shed, Lubec, ca. 1982
- Creation Date: circa 1982
- Subject Date: circa 1982
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: LL 009.DC1
- Collection: Brenda Havens Foley
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- J.P. McCurdy's smokehouse
- Smoked fish--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Landmarks
, Lubec, ME
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.