Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at William S. Cohen School. More info about student projects.
A photostatic copy of a letter sent by Everett S. "Shep" Hurd to the U.S. Treasury Department
requesting a photostatic copy of the reward check in the amount of $1,500 that he received from the U.S. government for reporting the presence of the Brady Gang which led to their apprehension on Central Street in front of Dakin's Sporting Goods Co. on October 12th, 1937 at about 8:30 a.m.
About This Item
- Title: Shep Hurd Letter To U.S. Treasury Department, Bangor, 1938
- Creator: Everett S. Hurd
- Creation Date: 1938-11-02
- Subject Date: 1938
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm x 21.5 cm
- Local Code: 2009.004.0032
- Collection: Brady Gang Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brady, Alfred, 1910-1937
- Central Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Organized crime--Maine--Bangor
- Police shootings--Maine--Bangor
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Awards
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.