Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The boat Marie with passengers on the Saco River below the Main Street Bridge, around 1917. Biddeford's working waterfront can be seen in the background, including the yard of the Biddeford Shipbuilding Company and the hull of the schooner Jere G. Shaw, which was the last big ship built in Biddeford. The coal yards and a coal barge at dock are next to the shipyard. Biddeford's largest shipbuilding company, E. & E. Perkins, was located in this same area in the mid to late 19th century.
About This Item
- Title: Boats on Saco River, ca. 1917
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: 618a
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Saco River (N.H. and Me.)
- Shipbuilding industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Jere G. Shaw (Ship)
- Marie (Boat)
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.