Contributed by Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
This self portrait by Rev. Jonathan Fisher is one of a set of four. He painted the portraits as wedding gifts for his daughters and presented them at the time of their weddings. The card in the lower left of the painting has an out-of-state postmark and is addressed to Rev. Fisher. The Bible is an edition written in Hebrew which demonstrated his knowledge of languages that included English, Hebrew, French, Greek, Latin, and some Penobscot.
About This Item
- Title: Self portrait by Rev. Jonathan Fisher, Blue Hill, ca. 1824
- Creator: Fisher, Jonathan
- Creation Date: circa 1824
- Subject Date: circa 1824
- Location: Blue Hill, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Painting, Oil on canvas
- Dimensions: 82.3 cm x 70.4 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Artists--Maine--Blue Hill
- Fisher, Jonathan, 1768-1847--Portraits
- Authors--Maine--Blue Hill
- Clergy--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
44 Miles Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.