Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Ashland, settled in the 1830s, had several saw mills. The town was incorporated in 1862. For a short time in the 1800s, it was known as "Dalton."
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Ashland, ca. 1920
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Ashland
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Telephone lines--Maine--Ashland
- Dirt roads--Maine--Ashland
- Main Street (Ashland, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Ashland
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Utility poles--Maine--Ashland
- Wooden sidewalks--Maine--Ashland
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.