Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Wytopitlock on the Mattawamkeag River is the principal settlement in Reed Plantation.
The Post Office is at the center and to its right a barbershop and poolroom. The barber and a client came out of the building when the photographer from Eastern Illustrating & Publishing, a postcard company, arrived.
About This Item
- Title: Post Office, Wytopitlock, ca. 1910
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Reed Plantation, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Stores & shops--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Main Street (Wytopitlock, Me.)
- Dirt roads--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Utility poles--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Wooden sidewalks--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Telephone lines--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Billiard parlors--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Mattawamkeag River (Me.)
- Post offices--Maine--Wytopitlock
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.