Contributed by Bangor Public Library
A horsedrawn hook and ladder (Champion) fire engine of the Bangor Fire Department responding to a Pickering Square blaze on 29 March, 1891. This profile view shows a few of the hooks (attatched to long poles and used to pull burning material aside) still loaded on the engine; the ladders have been deployed against the side of Kirkpatrick and Jameson's market (14 Pickering Square).
About This Item
- Title: Hook and ladder at Pickering Square fire, Bangor, 1891
- Creation Date: 1891-03-29
- Subject Date: 1891-03-29
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10.4 cm x 13 cm
- Collection: Vickery Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Bangor
- Fire fighters--Maine--Bangor
- Bangor (Me.)--Fire, 1911
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.