Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Biddeford High School.
Firefighters work to extinguish a blaze at the Diamond National Match Factory on Hooper St., April 20, 1963. Two fires devastated this neighborhood in the Spring of 1963, the first occuring in March. The neighborhood was nestled between the mills and factories around Elm, Smith and Hooper Streets and the Saco River. This fire destroyed Diamond National as well as the remainder of the neighborhood.
About This Item
- Title: Fire at Diamond National Match Factory, Biddeford, 1963
- Creator: Danforth, Richard
- Creation Date: 1963-04-20
- Subject Date: 1963-04-20
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 1727a
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Biddeford
- Fire fighters--Maine--Biddeford
- Fire fighting--Maine--Biddeford
- Hooper Street (Biddeford, Me.)
- Diamond Match Company
- Biddeford (Me.)--Fires, 1963
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.