Contributed by Abplanalp Library, UNE
This book is a 112-page compilation of hymns compiled by Sally Sayward Barrell Keating Wood "for the moral and religious instruction of children, at home and in Sunday schools."
Published in Worcester, Massachusetts, in 1850, the book uses verses from sources such as the periodical "Youth's Companion," the Boston Sunday School Hymn Book, an author named Jane Taylor, and from Parley's Day Book, and Mrs. S. J. Hale, among others.
About This Item
- Title: The Little Hymn Book, 1850
- Creator: Wood, Sally Sayward Barrell Keating
- Creation Date: 1850
- Subject Date: circa 1850
- Town: York
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: book, Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 15.25 cm x 12 cm x 1 cm
- Collection: Maine Women Writers Collection at the University of New England
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Wood, Sally Sayward Barrell Keating, 1759-1855--Associated objects
- Religious education
- Authors--United States--Maine
- Women authors
For more information about this item, contact:Abplanalp Library, UNE
716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME 04103
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.