Contributed by Abplanalp Library, UNE
Julia S. Quinby (Quimby) graduated from Westbrook Seminary in 1863. She was one of two students who were the first to receive "Lady of Liberal Learning" degrees bestowed by Westbrook Seminary and Female Collegiate Institute. For the next three years, Miss Quinby (Quimby) was a member of the Board of Instruction at Westbrook Seminary and Female Collegiate Institute, teaching French, Latin and English. In 1871 Julia Quinby (Quimby) married a Portland physician, Dr. John F. Boothby, and moved to Massachusetts.
About This Item
- Title: Julia S. Quinby, Westbrook Seminary, Class of 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Westbrook, Cumberland County, ME
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Carte de visite
- Local Code: Faculty photographs
- Collection: Westbrook College History Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Universities & colleges--Maine
- Westbrook Junior College
- Westbrook Seminary--People
- Westbrook College
- University of New England. Westbrook College Campus
- Group portraits
For more information about this item, contact:Abplanalp Library, UNE
716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME 04103
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.