Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Unidentified employees inspect and pack cloth in the cloth rooms at the Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, circa 1925. Inspectors sit at the great tables and look for dirt, oil, grease, imperfections and defects in the cloth. Defects and imperfections were cleaned and repaired, and then the cloth was graded. After this it was bound, packed and sent either to a bleachery, a dye house, or off to market.
About This Item
- Title: Inspecting and packing cloth at Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 2870
- Collection: Archival Collections
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Textile industry--Equipment and supplies--Maine--Biddeford
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Textile factories--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile mill workers--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Milling machines
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.