Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The illustration is part of the book Algonquin Legends of New England or Myths and Folk Lore of the Micmac, Passamaquoddy, and Penobscot Tribes by Charles G. Leland (1884).
About This Item
- Title: The Mud-Turtle Jumping Over the Wigwam of His Father-In-Law, ca. 1884
- Creation Date: circa 1884
- Subject Date: circa 1884
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: QJ 398.2 L538
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Indians of North America--Maine--Legends
- Wabanaki Indians
- Turtle (Legendary figure)
- Indians of North America--Folklore
- Penobscot Indians
- Indians of North America--New England--Legends
- Micmac Indians
- Passamaquoddy Indians
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.