Contributed by Lubec Memorial Library
Nathan Marston was listed as the store's owner in the 1881 Washington County Atlas. Originally from New Hampshire, he came to Lubec and became a merchant around 1866. He may be pictured standing to the right of cart.
About This Item
- Title: Ox Cart at N.W. Marston's Store, South Lubec, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: Edith Comstock Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dry goods stores--Maine--Lubec
- Stores & shops--Maine--Lubec
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Lubec
- Ox teams--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Memorial Library
55 Water Street, Lubec, ME 04652
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.