Contributed by Farmington Historical Society
Desk with bookcase on top owned by Jacob Abbott and used when he was headmaster of the Abbott School. The desk then came into the possession of his son, Lyman Abbott. It was on display at the Farmington Public Library for many years. Now in the collection of the Farmington Historical Society.
About This Item
- Title: Jacob and Lyman Abbott's Desk, Farmington, ca. 1830
- Creation Date: circa 1830
- Subject Date: circa 1830
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Wood, metal
- Dimensions: 200 cm x 108 cm x 52 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Abbott Jacob, 1803-1879--Associated objects
- Abbott School (Farmington, Me.)--Equipment and supplies
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922--Associated objects
- Authors--United States--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Farmington Historical Society
PO Box 575, Farmington, ME 04938
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.