Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The schooner, Petrel lying at the wharf in Biddeford Pool in 1911. The name petrel is also the name of a small bird that flies very far, hovers over the waves, but always returns to nest in a shore burrow and is found in southern climates.
About This Item
- Title: Schooner Petrel at Biddeford Pool wharf, 1911
- Creator: R. H. Gay
- Creation Date: circa 1911
- Subject Date: circa 1911
- Location: Biddeford , York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: mca338A
- Collection: Robert H. Gay Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Biddeford
- Sailing ships--Maine
- Petrel (Ship)
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.