Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
At the left rear is the round brick building of the Biddeford Gas Works. In the far right background are the York Mills. The three-masted schooner at the dock is probably waiting to unload its cargo of coal.
About This Item
- Title: Coal docks, Factory Island, Biddeford, ca. 1912
- Creator: Moody, Charles E.
- Creation Date: 1912
- Subject Date: 1912
- Local Name: Factory Island
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.2 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: mca1071
- Collection: Charles E. Moody Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Biddeford
- Coal transportation--Maine--Biddeford
- Gas companies--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.