Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Printer’s proofs of labels for sardine cans, bearing approvals handwritten on the backs. On rear of Leader brand, “O. K. Union Sardine Co.” Columbian brand, “O. K. Columbian Canning Co” Melon brand, “Design O. K. Colors - Black & Gold. Lubec Sardine Co. for R. J. Peacock” Stag brand, “O K Mawhinney & Ramsdell But want 2 - color.” Printer’s rubber stamps indicate For Eastport sardine labels.
About This Item
- Title: Sardine can labels, Lubec, 1909
- Creation Date: 1909
- Subject Date: 1909
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25.1 cm x 19.6 cm
- Local Code: 79 jpg
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canning and preserving
- Fishing industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned sardines--Maine--Lubec
- Sardine fisheries--Maine
- Canned foods--Labeling--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.