Contributed by Turner Memorial Library through Presque Isle Historical Society
Milliner's store front on the east side of the then dirt Main Street, across from G. H. Freeman Hardware Store. Above the store door is the name, "Bouquet." Above the second floor is the sign, "Photography Rooms."
Note the late 1880's fashions.
The woman on the right in the doorway is Larla Smith (ne Mrs. Sidney Graves).
About This Item
- Title: Memorial Day, Presque Isle, 1888
- Creation Date: 1888-05-30
- Subject Date: 1888-05-30
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 17 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Main Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Photography studios--Maine--Presque Isle
- Stores & shops--Maine--Presque Isle
- Streets--Maine--Presque Isle
- Women--Clothing and dress--1880-1890
- Hardware stores--Maine--Presque Isle
- Memorial Day
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.