Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
In 1959 a tree from Presque Isle was selected to become the National Christmas tree in Washington D.C.
A Maine Public Service crew member secures the crane to the tree prior to it being cut down.
About This Item
- Title: Preparing National Christmas tree, Presque Isle, 1959
- Creator: Presque Isle Area Chamber of Commerce
- Creation Date: 1959
- Subject Date: 1959
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: PI21230
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Community service--Maine--Presque Isle
- Construction equipment
- White spruce
- Christmas decorations
- Christmas trees--Washington, D.C.
- Christmas trees--Maine--Presque Isle
- Tree felling--Maine--Presque Isle
- Cranes, derricks, etc.--Maine--Presque Isle
- Maine Public Service Company
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.