Contributed by Maine Forest Service
New arrivals line up the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp Bridgton, which opened in July 1935.
The camp was operated by the Maine Forest Service Forest Protection Division. CCC members worked on insect and disease control on Maine trees.
About This Item
- Title: New CCC arrivals, Bridgton, 1935
- Creation Date: 1935
- Subject Date: 1935
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.2 cm x 8.6 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Arrivals & departures--Maine--Bridgton
- Insect pests--Control--Maine
- Gypsy moth--Control--Maine
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)--Facilities
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.). Company 1124 (Bridgton, Me.)
- Public service employment--Officials and employees--Maine--Bridgton
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.