Contributed by New Portland Historical Society
This building began as a high school, and later served as an elementary school with students in K-6 attending. After serving as a school, the building was used as a grange hall, a daycare center and library, and now the building is used as the historical society for the town of New Portland.
About This Item
- Title: North New Portland High School ca. 1885
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Location: New Portland, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- New Portland Historical Society (New Portland, Me.)
- Maine State Grange
- National Grange
- Historic buildings--Maine--New Portland
- Buildings--Maine--New Portland
- Historical societies--Maine--New Portland
- Libraries--Maine--New Portland
- Schools--Maine--New Portland
For more information about this item, contact:New Portland Historical Society
PO Box 141, 283 MeadowBrook Road, New Portland, ME 04961-0141
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.