Contributed by Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
- Item 25989
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Workers using derrick to prepare stone for the construction of Fort Knox.
About This Item
- Title: Quarry Workers and Derrick at Mount Waldo, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Location: Frankfort, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: FOKN_010
- Collection: Bureau of Parks and Lands
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Granite quarrying--Maine--Frankfort
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine--Frankfort
- Hoisting machinery
- Fort Knox (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station, 18 Elkins Lane, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.