Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Members of the Boy Scout troop at Pownal State School in New Gloucester in a meeting room in the attic of Hedin Hall, the facility's hospital building.
The Scout troop was quite active, participating in parades, various celebrations, and projects at the state-operated school for those labeled as developmentally disabled persons.
About This Item
- Title: Boy Scouts, Pownal State School, ca. 1937
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Location: New Gloucester, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boy Scouts of America. Maine
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.