Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Nurse Marjorie Kessell, in front of the Hedin Hospital at Pownal State School in New Gloucester in 1936. Patients are in the background.
Kessell, of Auburn, was about 26 when the photo was taken.
The snapshot was in a photo album belonging to Myrtle Daly, who also worked at the state-run facility for the developmentally disabled.
About This Item
- Title: Marjorie Kessell, Pownal State School, 1936
- Creator: Myrtle Daly
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Location: New Gloucester, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.