Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hill Farm at the Pownal State School in New Gloucester provided the original residence for the Maine State School for the Feeble-Minded when it opened in 1908.
Hill Farm and Valley Farm provided produce and meat for the facility. Hill Farm closed in 1961.
About This Item
- Title: Hill Farm, New Gloucester, ca. 1937
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farms--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- ineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.