Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hill Farm at the Pownal State School in New Gloucester provided the original residence for the Maine State School for the Feeble-Minded when it opened in 1908.
Hill Farm and Valley Farm provided produce and meat for the facility. Hill Farm closed in 1961.
About This Item
- Title: Hill Farm, New Gloucester, ca. 1937
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Farms--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- ineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.