Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The central kitchen at Pownal State School supplied food for the state-operated facility for people with developmental disabilities.
The school opened in 1908 as the "Maine School for the Feeble-Minded." The name was changed to Pownal State School in 1925.
About This Item
- Title: Kitchen, Pownal State School, ca. 1938
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.