Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A survey card from Pownal State School in New Gloucester shows an image of Hill Farm, one of two farms at the state-operated school for persons with developmental disabilities.
The survey shows the census of the farm -- 55 persons -- that there was one cottage supervisor, one assistant and five attendants and that those numbers reflected the needs of the farm for staff.
About This Item
- Title: Hill Farm, Pownal State School, ca. 1953
- Creation Date: circa 1953
- Subject Date: circa 1953
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, photograph
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 23 cm
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Farms--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.