Contributed by Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Page from Ballou's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion describing a "Health and Summer Retreat" on Swan Island (Perkins Township).
Caption reads: "'Swango,'--The Only Eclectic Cure in This Country--Opposite Richmond, Maine"
About This Item
- Title: Page from Ballou's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion, Swan Island, 1859
- Creator: Ballou's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion
- Creation Date: 1859-05-07
- Subject Date: 1859-05-07
- Local Name: Swan Island
- Town: Richmond
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: newsprint
- Dimensions: 35.15 cm x 24.69 cm
- Local Code: MBPL 001001001
- Collection: Bureau of Parks and Lands - Historian
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station, 18 Elkins Lane, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.