Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A snow roller at the Poland Spring resort. The roller was used to pack down snow on roads and trails in the era before snow plows.
In the background is the Mansion House, one of the inns at the resort.
About This Item
- Title: Snow roller, Poland Spring, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Poland Spring, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Snow removal--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.