Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Poland Spring House around 1940. The Great Depression of the 1930s and the advent of the automobile led to the decline in popularity of the resort hotel complex on Ricker Hill in Poland.
Nevertheless, the Poland Spring House continued to welcome guests until the 1960s.
About This Item
- Title: Poland Spring House, ca. 1940
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Facades--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.