Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The interior of the bottling plant, built by the Ricker family at Poland Spring in 1906-1907.
The bottling plant was pristine with silver and glass pipes carrying the water from the springhouse to the bottling room. The interior was also covered with non-porous Carrera glass manufactured by the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company and was easy to clean.
About This Item
- Title: Bottling plant, Poland Spring, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21.5 cm x 26 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Well houses--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Bottling--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.