Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Film excerpt shows skating demonstrations by the Boston Skating Club and Waynflete School students at a rink at Riverside Golf Course.
Skaters are dressed as Canadian mounties, a Native American, and in colonial dress.
The film was taken ca. 1940 by the Portland Engraving Company for the city of Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Film of skating, Portland, ca. 1940
- Creator: Portland Public Works
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: filmstrip, 16mm
- Local Code: Coll. 4006, Video 38 excerpt
- Collection: City of Portland, Maine film collection
- Object Type: Moving Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boston Skating Club (Mass.)
- Ice skating--Maine--Portland
- Riverside Golf Course (Portland, Me.)
- Waynflete School (Portland, Me.)--People
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.